Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More belly, more heartbeats!

   We heard the heartbeat again at the doctor's office today. I actually stayed home sick today with a cold, and the office called to see if we could move the appointment time up, which we could because I was home sick today, so Rod got to come! He was so excited. If he couldn't come, I was planning on trying to record it, but he came and I forgot. Don't worry, despite my lack of audio clip of our baby's heartbeat, there is still a way you can hear it. Just ask Rod. He does the best imitation of the baby's heartbeat I've ever heard. He was doing it all the way home from the doctor's office. He's gonna be such a good daddy!
    My mom tells me that a baby's heartbeat sounds like a train (chooochoochoochoo). But what I hear is different. I wonder if it's just because it's earlier in the pregnancy, but the baby's heartbeat is more of a whooshwooshwhoosh sound. Again, ask Rod, he's really good at it. On the way home we decided it's actually just an Asian thing. We're having a half Asian baby, so their heart speaks a slightly different language, more whooshy than choo-ey. I hear that the ch sound is a hard one to learn how to pronounce anyway, so I think that explains the difference.
  So, I'm 15 weeks and a day now, and I am DEFINITELY showing. I'm so excited about this too! I was nervous for a little while because I thought I was just eating too much, or not healthy enough, but when I went to the doctor's today, it turns out I haven't gained any weight yet in the pregnancy. And yet, in this picture, you can definitely see a belly there. I have quite the baby bump. This means that I've slimmed down a little bit elsewhere, because that belly hasn't added any weight. I'm just so excited to have a visible baby bump. It is now available for all to see and get excited with me!

3 comments:

  1. Well technically, the Japanese language has a "ch" sound so they're rather adept at making it...but I still like your use of the word "choo-ey" =P

    Look at that bump! And you're hardly arching your back too! Something I see a lot of with newly pregnant women in an attempt to push the stomach out. I guess later on the arch is just an attempt not to fall over forwards =P

    You're on your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your cold was a little bit of a blessing in disguise (but only a little cause cold's are evil in every other aspect. Seriously - we cured polio, why not the cold?! X_x)

    lol I love your description of the baby's heartbeat :P
    And your excitement over the bump! :)

    I realized a few days ago while talking to Jared about this, that I am so very very excited to meet this spawn of yours! The kid is really gonna be so awesome (after all, look at the awesome people who'll be raising it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kaylynne, for your excitement! I'm glad you're excited with us! I am so with you on the cold bit though!
    I guess I was just coming from my knowledge of other languages with the ch sound, I'm not very good at the Japanese...

    ReplyDelete