Friday, August 10, 2012

Finally a mama!!!

Here's a post for the funny moments we'd forget if we didn't record them.  Early this morning, Jace was falling asleep while feeding, so between sides, I changed his diaper to wake him up some so he could finish eating. Turned out he had a blow out. So I changed his onsie too. As the changing was going on, he was getting crankier and crankier, trying to suck on everything, because he just wasn't finished yet, Mom! So as my hand passed by his face, he grabbed onto it and stuck a knuckle in his mouth and began sucking really hard! it was so funny!

Later, Rod and I were talking about how cute he is and how much Jace looks like Rod. Well, Jace was sleeping and just then he made a snoring sound just like I do as I'm waking up or disturbed in my sleep. I suppose Jace won't quite be a spitting image!
 Jace has a knack for comedic timing. Yesterday I was massaging lotion into his feet (you wouldn't believe how dry little baby hands and feet get! It's like they're molting!) and I noticed that he has little hairs on his toes. Now imagine, a little baby's toes having even littler, tinier hairs on them.  Well, I was looking at this and then comparing them to Rod's feet and my feet. I have hairs on my toes so we concluded he'd picked that trait up from me. I informed Jace of this and he let out a whimper. I burst out laughing so hard I started crying. I tried to comfort him that it wouldn't ruin his life I'd lived just fine with hair on my toes and most people didn't even know about it! About then he started crying....  If he'd been a bit older, this episode might have been insulting.
  There is no denying that Jace is a little boy... I can't count the number of times Rod has passed gas and Jace has followed suit. Once I swear he was attempting a Donald Duck impression, but maybe that was only funny because it was 2 am... The first day Rod went to work after Jace was born, Rod came home just as I was changing Jace's diaper. Rod came up behind me to hug me while I was struggling to open a new bag of diapers. Apparently this was detracting from Jace too much, or we were taking too long, because Jace decided to give daddy his own welcome home, by peeing all over the changing table and us! It wasn't the first time, nor was it the last time for this to happen!
  Yesterday, Jace was awake and just hanging out with Rod and I. I was playing with his feet, and Jace was getting frustrated. He pulled his feet out of my grasp and kicked right at my face, nearly putting his toes up my nose. I got the message... He has a mighty kick, and his aim is getting pretty good too!
  I think Jace's humor right now consists of comedic timing and slapstick humor for the most part, because there's not much to laugh about when it comes to eating or sleeping...

1 comment:

  1. My son has so much to learn, and passing gas is no exception! Just setting the example for my young one to have comfort :)

    ReplyDelete