Saturday, May 5, 2012

Third Trimester!

     Well, I haven't been a very good writer for a while... So, now we're on the third trimester, the final countdown, enjoying the beginnings of the nasty aches and pains that accompany it. The end of the last trimester was very nice, I spent very little time suffering symptoms of pregnancy. Jace has become more and more active over time, and stronger too. I can now watch my belly distort as he exercises. I was talking to Rod the other day, commenting on Jace's activity and I said, "When he comes out, he's going to flex those little muscles and have a six pack!" Rod declared he'd better not, because his father would be jealous. :)
    Fortunately, it's been a very healthy, low key pregnancy so far. Lately the biggest news on the pregnancy front has been collecting things for Jace. We had a baby shower, put on by a good freind of mine a couple of weeks ago. She coordinated it with my family's visit so they could be there. My parents got us the stroller and carseat, such a big help! And it is super cute too! We got lots of clothes now, so Jace will be well dressed for at least the first month. After that, he may have to run around naked....:) No, we're going to pick up more clothes yard-saling this summer.
  We also have a crib and changing table, which we just set up. Now a corner of the bedroom is converted into something of a nursery, and it is super cute! I am so excited about it!
I actually moved them apart after taking this picture so they weren't so close. Isn't it such a cute set?
  That is definitely the biggest excitement lately, I can't wait to show it off to people, because I think it is so darn cute, and I can't wait to put a baby in there! The bedding is a little Noah's ark set, and I have a second set with polka dots on it. I'm a little torn about it, I may switch the bedding before he arrives.... I'm just so excited to have it all set up!
  Now it's just the waiting game until Jace arrives. We have the birth classes starting up in a couple of weeks, happy day! Here's a picture of me, the day before 29 weeks:
I just keep getting bigger!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad to see that that darn crib got it together! =P

    I'd be more excited about the belly picture, but I just saw you haha.

    ReplyDelete