Tuesday, March 6, 2012

And the baby is....

A BOY!!! A healthy little boy! We had our ultrasound today, and the baby is right on track, healthy and strong. Makes sense, because I certainly have been feeling him wiggling around in there a lot the past couple of weeks. At this point, I can feel him wiggle all throughout the day. It was funny, when we started the ultrasound, we could see him moving. At first, he was moving his hand, like he was trying to push the ultrasound thing away. Then he gave up there and started trying to move away from it. The technician was saying, "The baby keeps moving around, I'm having a hard time chasing him to get a shot of him." By time we got a full shot of him, he had wedged himself down into my pelvis, trying to get away. He was all scrunched up, folded in half with his feet by his head, and his arms wrapped around his head. Apparently he had no interest in his photo op, or in any intrusion on his space.
The top picture shows that he is indeed a boy, it's basically a shot of his bum, so he's mooning all of you. The second photo shows his leg, right by his head. And the third photo is a head shot. 
Now that we know his gender, we know that I am carrying little Jace Ryuu Tamanaha. And I think he takes after his father in more than just the gender. Here's another shot of his face, close up. Notice how it looks like he has almond shaped eye sockets? I bet he has his daddy's eyes, our little half asian!
His face is the top circle, I turned it so it would be easier to see. The bottom circle is his chest.  Honestly, his face looks like one of those green aliens from a sci fi movie.
It's so exciting, to imagine a little boy, wearing cute little overalls, and little sweater vests to church. Can't you just imagine? I'm so excited to actually have him here, not just in the bump. (speaking of which, here's the latest bump photo, from last week.)
So much new excitement! I can't wait for him to come, though! Now I can really start baby shopping!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you authored "ultrasounds for dummies" because I can't tell what I'm looking at without it.

    Congratulations! :)

    I also like how the top photo is labeled "boy parts" in true BYU fashion. =P

    Also, funny story, when I originally replied to your text yesterday, I sent it to Andrew. He was very confused as to why I was congratulating him and who was having a photo op. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still looks like a bunch of blobs to me (I certainly hope he'll have a little more legit shape to him when he's born :p ...Otherwise the Dr. will be like, "Congratulations, you had...a play-do baby!?" lol)

    Kudos for already having so much mother's intuition that you were able to guess the kiddo's gender before he even technically had one! :p

    And don't worry...between Jessica and I - this kid is gonna learn how to have his picture taken! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! I'm glad you guys will help him get used to the camera... I think he really just hates intrusion on his space. Fortunately, he is not a play dough baby.... actually, if the pictures look blobish, it's because the technician was going through his body to get good shots. Rather disconcerting... the bottom picture has a cross section of my baby's chest. Something I never wanted to see!

    ReplyDelete