Monday, December 2, 2013

In which we reveal what Baby #2 will be...

Being pregnant the second time around is both different and fun. I enjoy that the pregnancy goes a lot faster and you don't focus on the aches as much because there's already one out that you have to take care of. Of course, being pregnant the second time around means you feel a lot of those aches sooner, which is not as fun. Sometimes comparing the two pregnancies is fun because as you compare the way the baby is acting, you feel like you get a glimpse of their personality before you even meet them.
For example, this baby is a lot more active than Jace was when he was in utero. We started feeling this baby move around 15 weeks, and the first movements we felt were very strong kicks, strong enough for Rod to feel, even though the baby was so little. Actually considering how little the baby would have been at that point, it was more likely the baby had catapulted itself across the uterus to the front in order for us to feel the baby that strongly. It felt very clear that the baby wanted us to know that it was there and ready to meet the family.
 Then of course, there is the ultrasound. That was a lot more fun this time around than the first time. We were able to understand what we were seeing and the ultrasound tech was a lot more skilled than the first one. The baby looks really healthy, and we got some great photos of the profile. Then, when it was time to reveal the gender, this baby was very cooperative. He had no problem flashing his manhood on the screen--over and over again! For a few minutes, that's all we could get shots of. He's a little exhibitionist!
His legs are crossed here.

After he decided that we had been convinced that he was a boy, he then allowed us to continue the ultrasound, checking to see that his legs were properly formed. These too, he showed us without any shame. As we watched, he gave us very good images of his legs and then crossed them. Then searching for the arms, we discovered he had put them behind his head and stretched out full length, as though to show us how comfortable he was in there. Hopefully he stays comfortably in there for another 20 weeks too!
  It was so fun to watch as this child hammed up the ultrasound. He seems very happy to be here and very comfortable with who he is!Now that we know which one he is, we can call him by name, Ander. I am so excited to meet him, even though he can easily wear all of his brother's hand me downs, I picked up a couple of outfits just for him. I can't get over how little those newborn outfits are! I can't wait to put him in them!!
  We found out Ander's gender the day before Thanksgiving, so then, in my excitement, I had to make a stocking for him to hang when we decorated the day after Thanksgiving. His is the red one on the end :) I'm so excited to have him as another member of the family.


 I'll admit, I was surprised it was a boy, because I was convinced that this baby was a girl. But we had such fun with the ultrasound, I have been mostly just really excited for this child to join our family. If I have any shock or disappointment, it's more that I'm shocked I'm going to be the momma of a group of boys! I did not see that in my future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment