Monday, May 13, 2013

Mommy Bragging!

I know I just wrote yesterday, but I just need to take a minute to brag about my little boy!

He's still not crawling yet, but this is what he is doing:
  He can move from his belly to sitting and back again, as well as any position in between that he cares to take. He can pull himself up to kneeling. He can catch himself when he is falling, and not just with his head! He can sit in the grocery cart without falling when we move quickly or turn sharply. He can wave to people, although he's not a performer, so mostly he just does it to Rod and I. He reaches for one parent or the other. He can sleep through the night, from 7:30 to 6 ish, though he may not do this every night.
  At nine months he has already started to learn some rules. The first was "not in the mouth", usually used referring to my phone. He usually needs a reminder or two when I give him the phone, but otherwise he's pretty good about not putting it in his mouth. We've also taught him no biting, at least when it comes to nursing. I hear that he may go through a biting phase later, but we'll deal with that when we come to it. We're working on not scratching, which he mostly does when he's really excited, so it's hard to be angry at him for that. But, we don't want him scratching people so, we're working on it.
  Rod discovered that Jace can give you something if you ask for it. We usually have Jace hand us his toothbrush when he's done with it, and he does really well. Because of this and because he is capable of taking things out and putting them into containers, we decided to start teaching him to put away his own toys. Today we had the first attempt. I asked him to give me a toy, and he'd hand it to me with my hand over they toy box. Then I'd drop it in the toy box and ask for the next one. Rod would hand him another toy to put away and I'd ask for it to put in the box. We'd have to move on to the next one quickly or he'd get distracted by the toy now in the box and he'd want to take it out again and put it back in. But in the end, put away all of his toys!
 I love this kid! It is so much fun to raise him and watch him grow! He is such a goofy kid, grinning and babbling loudly when he's excited, which is a lot of the time. He is such a happy child!

No comments:

Post a Comment