Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Jace's Personality

  We're hitting 33 weeks, almost time for that baby to arrive! All of this waiting is almost unbearable for me, except for the thought that if he arrived now, it'd be too early, and I don't want to pay the hospital bills for the NICU. So, I'll be patient and let him finish growing in the incubator mother nature gave us. As time goes on, I think we can begin to see some of his personality based on his kicking....
    He likes warm showers. Every time I take a shower, he presses his body right up against my belly and just soaks it in.
   He hates the mattress. Every time I lay down to sleep, he resumes a kicking fight against the mattress that he left off in the morning when I got up. I swear it must be his chief entertainment, because I get the most motion out of him when he's taking up the battle against the mattress.
   He doesn't like intrusions on his space. He's pretty diligent about kicking anything that presses close enough to my belly for him to reach. Books, laptops, my arms, Rod, countertops, etc.
   He does seem to do some exploratory kicking. Sometimes when I'm hugging or cuddling with Rod, he'll do more gentle prodding against Rod, as though he's exploring what's invaded his territory.
   He has also expressed preference for some of the outfits I wear. I know he hates the black capris I sometimes wear, because the waistband can be a little tight, and he'll spend all day kicking them...
   He gets the hiccups a lot. I'm pretty sure he gets them about twice a day. Apparently he hasn't quite gotten the breathing thing figured out. He's still ironing out the hiccups in the system. :)
   Based on where I feel the movement when he does get the hiccups, it feels like he's probably already in head down position, which is good. I guess we're not the only ones preparing for his grand debut. It'll be interesting to see if any of these theories on his personality are true when we actually meet him...

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be surprised if he kicks Rod more often after he's born ;).
    -Boyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great post:) We are excited to meet little Jace too!

    ReplyDelete